Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Vanilla, Coconut, Chocolate Muffins

Choc muffins

Lately I seem to be on a chocolate and coconut kick. I’ve been putting them in everything from yogurt to pancakes and now I tackled muffins. I’m not too much of a baker but it was a rainy dreary day, I decided to make these along with the lasagna I put in for the kids dinner. (Which by the way I subbed the Ricotta Cheese and used blended down Garbanzo beans to make a paste instead! Cuts out the bad fat, real with the good fat and still enjoy comfort foods with out all the guilt!!) So if you need a chocolate fix and one that doesn’t leave too much guilt. These are your muffins!!

Makes 20-24 muffins

Ingredients:

  • 2 Organic eggs
  • 2 Cups Coconut flour
  • 3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Gluten-free baking soda
  • 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 Cup unsweetened Coconut Milk (may need a little more if batter is too thick
  • 1/4 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • Pinch of sea salt

Directions:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
  2. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
  3. Add in milk, egg, vanilla extract.
  4. Mix well until combined
  5. Using cupcake liners, spoon in batter.
  6. Bake for 15-18 minutes.

 

 


via Farm, Foodie and Fitness http://ift.tt/1nOd4s3 http://ift.tt/16mICIc

No comments:

Post a Comment