Yum! Need something healthy, good for you, filling, quick, and have a bunch of hodge podge left in the refrigerator that you need to use up. This simple and fast recipe is your ticket for cleaning out the fridge, eating clean, and filling everyone’s bellies at the table.
Look through your cabinets and find different ingredients. Don’t have Kale but you have spinach go for it! No chic peas, but have edamame use it! Use all raw ingredients or roast or saute some veggies to make it warm and comforting. Eat this all year round, changing your ingredients with the season. Warm in the winter, cool for the summer. Remember you can make it your own and switch up your bowls. You can also make your own dressings to cut out the extra fats, sugar, and calories. This will also give you the freedom to change up your flavor profiles. Make your portions bigger and you can have multiple meals.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice or quinoa
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts- halved
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 large kale leaves- destemmed
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup carrots-matchstick (slice thinly or use a mandolin)
- 1/2 cup garbanzo or chick peas (organic in a can or soaked)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 cauliflower flowers
- 3 radish slices (watermelon radish-shown in picture)
- 1 Tbsp Hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 lemon juiced
- pinch sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- water to thin if needed
- In a pot add water (2 cups water to 1 cup of grain), add rice or quinoa and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover with a top till all the water absorbs about 25 minutes
- In a saute pan, add olive oil and saute brussels, mushrooms, and cauliflower on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper if you wish. Should be about 10 minutes to saute.
- Chop, slice, or shred raw vegetables.
- For chic peas: if soaking they need to soak over night in water. drain off water and rinse. If you did canned. Make sure to rinse really well.
- In a bowl, spoon in rice or quinoa, add sauteed brussels, cauliflower, and mushrooms, arrange them if you wish :) Add raw veggies around the bowl, carrots, kale, cabbage, radish, avocado. Add chic peas and top with Hemp seeds.
- For Dressing: in a food processor or immersion blender add all ingredients and blend well. Need a little heat, add a pinch of cayenne. (Add water if you need to thin it out a bit.) Pour on top for desired amount and enjoy!
- Left over dressing place in an old jar, mason jars work great and use for the next time. Should last a couple days.
via Farm, Foodie and Fitness http://ift.tt/1Bf2Ovi http://ift.tt/16mICIc