Brrrr! It’s freezing out! Old man winter is definitely here now! We were spoiled over the past couple months including 70 degree temps on Christmas Eve now it’s 12 degrees without the wind chill and we’ve already had our first snow with more to come this weekend. Usually being only 5 miles from the beach keeps our area a little warmer and the snow away.
Well the one thing we can’t change is the weather so I am offering a tropical getaway with this recipe!!! Escape to the fire-place with your bowl of soaked oats loaded with tropical fruits and it should give you a mini escape to a tropical island! Enjoy!!!
- 1.5 C of Raw Oats
- 2-2.5 C of warmer unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 mango-chopped
- 1/2 C fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 banana-sliced
- 1/2 pear-sliced
- 1/2 dragonfruit-sliced
- 1-2 kiwi-peeled and sliced
- handful of blueberries
- 1 Tbsp of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tsp cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- In a bowl add oats and warm coconut milk. Let sit till oats soak up the milk and add a little more if you want it to be a little more creamy and not so dry. Top with cinnamon.
- Line the bowl or place in sections all your fruit
- In the middle top with coconut flakes and cacao nibs. Dip your spoon in and enjoy!
via Farm, Foodie and Fitness http://ift.tt/1WAxmS2 http://ift.tt/16mICIc