Had enough Valentine’s sweets and treats? Need something to make you feel better and get you back on track? Here’s a yummy treat that won’t leave you in a slump or feeling guilty or groggy afterwards. I just fed my crazy kiddos this too after the Valentine Cake pops, cookies, and hot chocolate from the newly fallin’ snow they needed a detox!
I tend to pick my fruit in the summer and freeze it for my smoothies in the winter. Blueberries aren’t in season in the US right now but you can probably still find fresh ones in the grocery store or look in the freezer section and buy some frozen. They’re picked at the peak and then frozen so they’re going to taste so much sweeter!
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1 C blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 C unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Kiwi- peeled and sliced
- 1 Starfruit- sliced
- 1 Mango- peeled and sliced
- 1/4 C Buckwheat Groats
- 4 Gooseberries or any other kind of berry will work
- 1/8 C Cacao nibs
- 1/4 Cup raw oats
- In a high-speed blender add coconut milk, raw oats and blueberries. Blend well.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Layer in rows the Starfruit, mango, gooseberries, kiwi, cacao nibs, and buckwheat groats.
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
via Farm, Foodie and Fitness http://ift.tt/1QgWC0y http://ift.tt/16mICIc