These are such an easy snack to make and healthy too. Kids will love helping you prep and watching them bake. You can also do this with kale or any root vegetable. Makes a rainbow of chips and you can do multiple batches together. Do a pan of zucchini, carrots, beets, turnips, and even kale and then put them all together.Use fresh or dried herbs to change the flavor profile!
Root Vegetable Chips
Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 Medium size carrots
- 2-3 small turnips
- 2-3 golden beets (you can use red beets too, the juice will just run in with the other vegetables, just cook them separate if you can only find red beets)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt or pinch Old Bay (crab seasoning-optional)
- Set oven to 200 degrees.
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, salt or seasoning. Toss with in a bowl with vegetables. Mix until well covered.
- Spread the vegetables over a baking sheet and bake for 2-3 hours. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn! Flip occasionally. They should be crispy!
- Let them cool to crisp even more
via Farm, Foodie and Fitness http://ift.tt/1k9Na0h http://ift.tt/16mICIc