Monday, October 5, 2015

I’m Back…. with Fig Tarts with Cinnamon & Vanilla Creme!!!

fig tartFinally, I am back on track!!! After a whirlwind of a summer with a slammed Pilates and Wellness studio. While throwing in a new pregnancy in between the craziness of 2 other small ones and a resort area business, I’m finally catching my breath and getting back on track! Sadly it’s been 4 months since my last post. I can’t believe I am actually saying that! 4 months is way to long!!!! In the three years of hosting this blog I think the longest I ever went without posting was 2 weeks, but I just couldn’t get to it happen, working 70 hours a week, running two little ones to camp all summer, and now baby number 3 is headed our way in only 7.5 more weeks. Can’t believe time has flown by this fast.

But I wanted to get back into writing and sharing with you the things I’m doing in the studio, in the garden, and of course in the kitchen. So with that being said. Here is my newest guilty pleasure creation.(Fig Tarts with Cinnamon and Vanilla Creme!) Hope you enjoy it and only hope that you guys will be super excited to have me back! And I’ll be doing my best to stay on track at least once or twice a week posting even with the new arrival quickly approaching. Hope everyone is well and look forward to hearing from you all! Feel free to leave a comment!

Shells:

  • 1 cup almonds (organic preferred) soaked for at least 6 hours to sprout. This is optional.
  • 1 cup Mejool dates-pitted
  • 1 Tbsp water if needed

Filling:

  • 1 cup cashews (organic preferred) soaked until soft, at least an hour
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Topping:

  • fresh figs sliced in quarters
  • sprinkle of cinnamon for the top

Directions:

  1. Combine cashews, honey/syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a food processor or Vitamix until smooth. Add water if mixture is too thick
  2. Refrigerate in a separate bowl
  3. Next add almonds and dates in food processor till you get a sticky mixture. Add water again if consistency is too thick.
  4. Using a tablespoon, make ball size tarts, by flattening down the tops on a baking sheet or if you have a tart pan. Chill in refrigerator for 20-30 mins.
  5. Place filling on top of tarts.
  6. Top with figs and dash of cinnamon

 

 


via Farm, Foodie and Fitness http://ift.tt/1Of6pRd http://ift.tt/16mICIc

No comments:

Post a Comment